Happy St. Davids Day - Needlefelt Style

Happy St. Davids Day from Port Talbot - Wales


 This is the third of my contemporary quilt challenge quilts.
And being March's I thought a daffodil most appropriate.
AND
With it being St. Davids Day today (1st March)
St. David is a patron Saint. of Wales
AND
The Daffodil is our National Flower
You'll see lots of these worn in Wales today.
If you see someone with a daffodil on elsewhere in the world on 1st March
Chances are they are Welsh and showing their Welsh pride. 

Anyway
I digress
This is another project using my new needlefelting machine.
I cut out the daffodil shapes in felt 
and needlefelted them onto the back of the black felt background
to create a 'painterly' effect on the front. 


I then freemotion stitched around the outlines
and
into the leaves and flower

I stitched a grided 'nine patch' effect
and then stitched around the edge using yellow thread and a zig zag stitch.


I had intended finishing the edges with a self binding
coming over from the back of the work
BUT
Preferred the look of seeing the yellow zig zag stitch.
I was going to ask you all which you preferred
BUT
I just screamed at me YELLOW ZIG ZAG SHOWING PLEASE
AND
SEW
Yellow zig zag showing it is


(with  a hind of pink backing peeking through and cut with pinking scissors)







Comments

  1. Happy St David's day, your daffodil is lovely, felting looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you swot! Getting your March piece done already!!
    IT is lovely by the way :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely Joy, another craft you've mastered. Well done on being so far ahead with your challenge My swansea challenge is way way behind now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two Pairs of Jeans and a Gigging Shirt

Crochet Hexegons